Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is elevated and positioned on a range of remote hills in on of Africa’s top wilderness locations. Bumi overlooks the vastness of Lake Kariba and is near the North Eastern border of the Matusadona National Park. It is easily accessible by boat and light aircraft, allowing easy access without the stress of a long journey.
All 10 rooms have balconies and uninhibited views over Lake Kariba. The main feature in the centre of the lodge is a breathtaking infinity pool which blends seamlessly into the lake horizon. Intimate wine and dining terraces on different levels surround the pool creating the perfect setting. African and contemporary western styles have been fused into the lodge interiors giving it a luxurious feel.
As Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is situated within a vast wildlife conservation area it is home to leopard, lion, big hers of elephant and buffalo. There is also a multitude of various plains game. When it comes to activities, guests can indulge in a superb fishing experience with bream and fighting tiger fish at the top of the list. Game drives and boat safaris and river cruises are also available. The bird life is spectacular and you can delve into the local Tonga culture experiences on offer.
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is a unique and luxurious property, immersing you in a wildlife experience with the added dimension of water. Kariba is one of the worlds largest man-made lakes and provides uninterrupted views. The pool and terraces at the centre of the lodge are the perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy day game viewing or fishing. The fiery sunsets make for an incredible end to each day on safari at Bumi Hills Safari Lodge.
What we love about Bumi Safari Lodge?
- In-house spa, infinity pool, restaurant, and bar as well as a games and entertainment room.
- Staying close to the action with access to walking safaris, bird watch experiences, driving safaris and cultural experiences.
- 10 luxury rooms all with ensuites and uninhibited views of Lake Kariba.
- Tigerfish and bream fishing in the lake waters around the lodge.
- Bumi Hills is the perfect place to see to big herds of elephant, leopard, lion, buffalo and plains game.