Terms & Conditions
- South Africa have brought in new luggage regulations, bags must have at least one flat side and no long straps. Please ensure these adhere to the below regulations for charter flights if your itinerary includes charter flights.
- For all light aircraft flights, the total luggage allowance is 20kgs per person (includes hand luggage).
- Only soft bags can be used on light aircraft flights (ensure it has one flat side as per South Africa luggage regulations)
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smart device is not allowed and has been banned on all light aircraft flights.
- Any persons with a body weight of over 100kgs will be required to pay for 2 seats on light aircraft flights.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure:
- That all travellers hold a machine-readable passport. Ensure each passport has enough blank pages for the duration of your trip and the passport has at least 6 months validity remaining after your journey completion date.
- That you have all the necessary visas for all the countries you will be visiting or transiting through
- Please check all airline websites before each departure during your trip to ensure that your flight has not been subject to any schedule changes.
- That you have secured the appropriate travel insurance at the time of your booking to cover for any cancellation fees or additional expenses, any loss of deposit, any medical expenses and repatriation, and loss or damage of baggage or any valuables. You are responsible for ensuring you have the appropriate cover for all items that you deem necessary including loss of deposit in any form.
- Understand all amendment and cancellation charges before you make a booking
- Until a 25% deposit is paid for your Sensational Africa holiday your booking is not confirmed and the price quoted for your holiday is subject to change.
- All airfares if arranged by Sensational Africa, that being international, regional and domestic, require 100% payment at the time of booking (excludes light aircraft transfers).
- If your booking is made within 60 days of departure, we require 100% payment to secure your booking.
- In some circumstances Sensational Africa may request additional deposits requested by our suppliers for certain permits.
- All prices are quoted in USD unless otherwise stated.
- We require a non-refundable deposit to confirm all bookings.
- International client payments must be made into our specified account from an external account or by credit card. Be aware that all necessary bank or credit card merchant fees are to be covered in full by the client, these are non-negotiable and are in addition to the amount owed to and invoiced by us.
- All quotes are subject to change without notice.
- Availability is subject to change prior to confirmation.
Cancellation Terms and Insurance:
If wish to cancel a booking, you must do so in writing to Sensational Africa with all relevant booking information that you were provided with. Cancellation Policies differs between suppliers so the following is only to be used as a guide:
- Cancellation 60 days or more prior to travel – 25% is withheld
- Cancellation 30 – 59 days prior to travel – 50% is withheld.
- Cancellation 29 days or less – 100% is withheld.
Please note that each lodge, camp and supplier may have a different refund policy and may not fall into the above guidelines. The above cancellation policy is a guide only and we will always endeavour to get a refund where possible for our clients. ALL REFUNDS ARE LESS BANK FEES AND WILL BE ISSUED AT THE EXCHANGE RATE AT THE TIME OF REFUND. SENSATIONAL AFRICA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIFFERENCES IN EXCHANGE RATE AND IS NOT LIABLE TO PAY FOR ANY LOSS OF FUNDS THAT MAY OCCUR DUE TO A DIFFERENCE IN EXCHANGE RATES FROM TIME OF BOOKING TO TIME OF REFUND. If Sensational Africa incurs any additional fees or charges over and above the cancellation fee from any suppliers for any reason up to and including a difference in policy due to a request to cancel a booking you acknowledge and agree that you will indemnify Sensational Africa for that amount.
- If any issues should arise during your holiday due to flight delays, illness or personal oversight or other; please know we will do our very best to provide assistance where possible but any cancellation fees or additional fees incurred will need to be at a cost to you.
- Sensational Africa and its agents act only as agents for the suppliers and operators of accommodations, transportation and any other goods and services that may be provided to our clients. Without limitation, Sensational Africa is not responsible for any losses or expenses to the passenger due to the overbooking of accommodations by a third party, sickness to a passenger, issues with weather, strikes or labour issues within a country or an establishment, any acts of God, acts of terrorism or war, criminal activity by any party, delay causing changes in schedule, or for any other cause beyond its control. All arrangements for accommodations, transportation and goods and services are made upon the condition that Sensational Africa shall not be liable for any loss, accident, injury, delay, or irregularity of any kind whether it be direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damage occasioned by reason of any act or omission beyond its control, including, without limitation, any act of negligence or breach of contract of any third party such as an airline, hotel, safari lodge or camp, train or ground handler and or other, who supplies any goods or services for the passenger or tour.
- If a problem occurs whilst you are on holiday, either during your stay at an establishment or a delay in a transfer the best course of action is to make contact with a person of authority at the establishment to try and resolve the issue immediately. If you do not attempt to resolve and address the issue then any request for compensation may be denied. Any claims for compensation due to an issue must be made in writing within 30 days of it occurring and must include all relevant details including names, dates and a description of all events. We do have ground handlers that are able to assist if indeed the issue is of a more serious nature and cannot be resolved.
- Travellers may come into close contact with wild animals whilst on safari. All travellers should be briefed by guides. In the event of an incident Sensational Africa, and their employees cannot be held responsible for any injury or accident.
- If you fail to take up any component of your holiday, loose, mis-lay or destroy any travel documents, Sensational Africa cannot accept responsibility and no credit or refunds will be given.
- If you do not comply with the laws of a country in which you are travelling, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday at a cost to you. Sensational Africa are not liable for any loss, cost or damages you may suffer or incur as a result.
- If in our reasonable opinion or that of any tour leader or other person in authority, deems your behaviour to be causing danger to other travellers or staff or adversely affecting the other clients on holiday, we reserve the right to terminate your holiday. In this event no refund or compensation will be paid.
- All medical issues or pre-existing conditions must be made aware to Sensational Africa in writing. All conditions must be checked by your doctor who can advise if you are suitable for travel. At the time of travel medical and dietary information will be supplied to Sensational Africa on your booking form. We will share this information with our suppliers for the sole purpose of being aware of your condition and being able to accommodate your requirements.
A condition of travel is that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance at the time of paying a deposit. All insurance arrangements and fees are the sole responsibility of the Client. Clients shall arrange his or her own insurance with a reputable insurer, and protection must be for the full duration of the Tour. The policy should provide cover for cancellations and loss of deposit, cancellation fees, reduced refund due to differences in exchange rate, additional expenses, medical insurance and expenses and repatriation and loss or damage to baggage and valuables. You are responsible for making any special or increased insurance arrangements which you deem are necessary. If your cancellation is covered within the provisions of your travel insurance policy you may be eligible to make a claim with your insurer. All claims must be made directly to your insurance company as Sensational Africa is not responsible for submitting traveller’s insurance claims on behalf of a client.
The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is an up to date website on the latest Government Consular advice and information. Visit their website www.dfat.gov.au for the latest information on the destinations you are travelling too.
- It is your responsibility to consult your doctor or medical specialist before travelling. Be sure to inform them of the regions you will be travelling to so they can provide you with the relevant advice on any medications and vaccinations that may be required.
- If any traveller has a pre-existing health condition you must consult your medical specialist to ensure you are fit to travel to Africa.
- It is up to you to ensure you notify us of any medical conditions, food allergies, dietary requirements or disabilities at the time of booking as well as prior to travel if there are any changes to your health. Your information is collected for and will be shared with our suppliers for the purpose of ensuring that they can accommodate your needs and requirements accordingly.
- At no time will Sensational Africa be held liable to refund a client if a medical condition worsens preventing you from participating in any portion of your holiday.