Xugana Lagoon is widely known as one of the most spectacular permanent water regions in the Okavango Delta. Located within a private concession Xugana Island Lodge is right on the edge of this lagoon, it is easy to see why this lodge is so sought-after. Featuring eight spacious elevated chalets it can only accommodate a maximum of 16 guests, making it private and exclusive. The rooms are decorated in Livingstone style décor and have ensuite bathrooms, romantic beds draped with fine viridian lace and private viewing decks each with views of the lagoon, so once you arrive, you won’t want to leave.
Guests can savour sumptuous meals in the al fresco dining area sheltered under a canopy of ebony and African mangosteen trees, which overlooks the stunning lagoon or unwind in the relaxing sitting room. The lodge also has its own swimming pool which perfect for cooling off or resting weary limbs after a day of wildlife viewing. Guests can also explore the vast floodplains of the Okavango Delta via a traditional dugout canoe called a Mokoro or by motorboat. Guided nature walks are also on offer allowing guests to explore the surrounding islands. Bird-lovers won’t be disappointed with the large variety of species in the region, particularly in the summer months, while keen fishermen can test their skills against bream or the challenging tiger fish.
What we love about Xugana Island Lodge
- It is easy to spend 3 days here relaxing and taking advantage of one of the many activities on offer.
- Relaxing lagoon tours by mokoro, well worth doing at sunset.
- Walking safaris are a fantastic way to explore this stunning region.
- Enjoy delicious cocktails while the sun sets over Xugana Lagoon.
- Take on the fish in the lagoon and if successful the chef can prepare your catch for dinner.
- Experience a memorable boat tour to the hippo pools while keeping a look out for colourful dragonflies and tiny reed frogs.