The Hide safari camp (affectionately known as “The Hide”) sets a high bar for excellence and luxury receiving great reviews from holiday-makers. Located in the Hwange National Park, The Hide is consistently voted as one of the top safari lodges in Zimbabwe.
Its prime position in the Hwange offers life-changing safari experiences for its guests and is well-known for having fantastic game viewing right at their doorstep. The Hide also boasts a variety of daily activities that suit all holiday-makers and with friendly and welcoming staff, this lodge is hard to beat.
The Hide’s unique location allows guests to be witness to large herds of breeding elephants with massive bulls congregating around large waterholes. Elephants are a regular sight and the camp has carefully disguised bunkers enabling guests to enjoy up close and personal wildlife experiences. With Hwange National Park being home to over 100 species of mammals, it’s easy to see why people include the Hwange in their tailored safari packages.
With many luxurious accommodation options at The Hide, there is bound to be something for everyone. Overlooking a wildlife-rich waterhole, the Main Lodge offers spacious deluxe honeymoon and family safari tents. If you are looking for something a bit more intimate, their Private Hide offers couples and individuals the perfect setting and can accommodate groups of up to eight people. The Private Hide has its own private lounge and dining area, a deck with sun lounges and a private pool. Wildlife is known for approaching the accommodation, so don’t be surprised if you get a friendly (and safe) morning welcome.
Tom’s Little Hide is best for families on safaris and can be booked out exclusively, which provides privacy and freedom to explore Hwange National Park. Guests of The Hide can gain exclusive night-time access to the Dove’s Nest. This once-in-a-lifetime authentic experience sees guests spending the night in their own private open-top treehouse, sleeping under the starry Zimbabwean skies surrounded by magnificent African wildlife.
What makes The Hide special?
- Herds of elephant are regularly seen drinking from the camp’s waterhole throughout the day as well as under lights at night.
- Spend an amazing night sleeping under the stars immerse in the bush at “Dove Nest” treehouse.
- Cleverly designed and disguised hides allow for incredible up-close viewing of wildlife with fantastic photos.
- Hwange is home to amazing and diverse wildlife – witness both little and big iconic game in their natural habitat.
- View nocturnal animal species during our night-time safaris.
- Great accommodation, food, and company while you build the memories of a lifetime.