The northern region of Botswana is home to the vast Kwando Concession and the relaxed Kwando Lagoon Camp. Located in an attractive riverside setting the recently renovated camp has lovely accommodation with generally excellent wildlife viewing opportunities. Kwando Lagoon Camp is well known for its shady trees on the edge of the Kwando River where the lush riverine forest is combined with open plains.
Predator sightings, especially wild-dogs are common and the experienced safari guides will make sure you keep up with the pack. Many travellers love the pursuit and the predatory activities as they hunt their next meal. Other guests enjoy gazing at the resident hippos and relish the fantastic natural wonders of this region while enjoying the comforts and luxury that this camp offers.
Experiences offered include night-time 4×4 game drives, walking safaris (depending on the season), evening lagoon cruises and fishing adventures. The shaded landscape of the camp is host to a large variety of birds, and winter months bring large herds of elephant and buffalo, with ever-opportunistic predators lurking close behind. Guests can also enjoy sightings of lion, leopard, cheetah and sable as well as abundant bird life.
The camp has simple style safari facilities and guests choose Kwando for wildlife experiences rather than luxury comforts. The camp can accommodate only 16 guests in eight safari-style tents with each having water views, private ensuite, flushing toilets, indoor/outdoor shower, and modern amenities.
Why we love Kwando Lagoon Camp
- Sits on the shoreline of the Kwando River in a large private concession.
- Abundant wildlife viewing opportunities with large herds regularly passing through.
- Experience the Kwando Lagoon via double-decker boat.
- Well-known for excellent wild dog viewing.
- Only eight large safari tents, including a family-size suite.
- Off-road game safaris and night drives to see nocturnal animals in their element.
- Large herds of elephant and buffalo frequently sighted close to the camp.