The Kwando Lagoon camp lies on the shady banks of the Kwando River underneath towering Ebony and Marula trees. This relaxed riverside setting offers stunning views and is home to a densely forested area with a wide variety of birds and mammals. The recently renovated camp has lovely rooms and the opportunity to view wildlife from your deck.
The area has a well-earned reputation for big game with seasonal herds of elephant and buffalo. In the winter herds of up to a thousand are not uncommon and large numbers of elephant drink at the river bank in full view of the main camp deck. Predator sightings are common, including wild-dogs and the trained guides will ensure you keep up with the pack. Many visitors love the pursuit and watching the antics of this species as they hunt for their next meal.
The camp has eight expansive tents all with private decks and living areas, bathrooms face the river. The rooms have both indoor and outdoor showers and one tent includes an additional twin room, perfect for a family. Activities at camp include 4×4 game drives, walking safaris, evening lagoon cruises and fishing adventures.
This camp offers a simple style safari experience and guests choose Kwando for the wildlife experiences rather than luxury comforts. The camp can accommodate up to 16 guests with makes for private and intimate stay.
Why we love Kwando Lagoon Camp
- Situated on the shoreline of the Kwando river this lodge has magnificent views.
- Incredible wildlife viewing opportunities with large herds regularly passing through camp.
- The camp has a double-decker boat which is a highlight for clients to enjoy an afternoon cruise.
- Well known for excellent wild-dog encounters.
- 8 large tents, including a family sized suite.
- Night drives and off-road game safaris.