Situated on a private concession in the Mana Pools National Park, Kanga Camp is an untouched wilderness paradise. Not your traditional Mana Pools camp as Kanga is set inland at Kanga Pan. This lodge offers an authentic safari experience far away from the riverside camps of Mana Pools. With the Kanga Pan being the only water source in the dry season (apart from the Zambezi River which is many miles away) Kanga Camp is ideally located to bring a haven of Zimbabwean wildlife right to your doorstep.
The camp comprises of six safari-style tents which are raised on a wooden platform providing guests with an elevated view over the Kanga Pan. All accommodation is simple yet elegant and boasts floor-to-ceiling mesh windows letting a refreshing light breeze and plenty of daylight in when you need it. All tents come complete with a private ensuite bathroom, an outdoor shower, hot running water, a flushing toilet, and a secluded deck.
Kanga Camp also has family tents which boast wraparound verandas facing the pan, with private dining and seating areas. Guest can relax in the upper deck lounge which is shaded by mahogany trees or sit on the pool deck below. On warm days guests are welcome to relax in the pool while enjoying uninterrupted views of Kanga Pan’s very lively water hole – we call this the “armchair safari” and it’s as relaxing and amazing as it sounds.
This diverse area has multiple seasonal shallow lakes and riverine forests, as well as mixed woodland. Safari drives and bird watching are very popular, but Mana Pools is best known for its excellent walking safari experiences. Kanga Camp and Nyamatusi Camp collaborate very well offering our guests the excitement of fishing and canoeing adventures on the Zambezi River.
Access to Kanga Camp during the rainy season can be difficult as the dry riverbeds fill with water from the escarpments. As a result, Kanga is only open in the dry and shoulder seasons (April to the end of November).
Great experiences at Kanga Camp
- Enjoy a relaxing afternoon on the deck in the shade of the trees watching the game arriving in droves to drink from the Kanga Pan right in front of camp.
- Spend a night on the platforms and raised decks located in the trees above dry riverbeds – an incredible safari experience under the Zimbabwean night sky.
- Track and view animals directly from the camp with one of our expert guides.
- Enjoy a day trip at the local national park and spoil yourself with a picnic lunch next to the Zambezi river.
- Enjoy delicious meals on the camp deck while watching incredible birdlife right in front of you on the Kanga Pan.