Changa Safari Camp is located in a private concession area alongside the beautiful Lake Kariba within the Matusadona National Park. This gorgeous upmarket safari camp offers elegant style accommodation with views of the Matusadona Range of mountains and has a reputation for excellent levels of service. Changa Safari Camp offers seclusion with peaceful surroundings that captures the essence of naturally beautiful landscapes.
This rich wilderness landscape offers guests exceptional game viewing via walking, motorboat, driving and fishing safaris, all with highly trained and professional guides to accompany you. At Changa it is easy to be captivated by the gentle and majestic resident elephant populations. High-level predators including leopard, lion, cheetah, and hyena are a common sight while antelope and buffalo frequent the shoreline. Crocodiles and hippo are also abundant around the cool waters of Lake Kariba. If you are a bird lover, then Changa won’t disappoint as it is home to some 240 different varieties with many species being prolific in the area.
Changa’s hospitality is very welcoming, warm and personal with a team that will be delighted to get to know you and share their amazing camp with you to ensure you get the most from your wildlife safari experience. With some of the nicest safari tents available and all of the comforts that you would expect from a high-class safari lodge, plus the fact it’s open all year round, a stay at Changa is a must.
What we love about Changa Safari Camp
- Great walking safaris along the edge Lake Kariba.
- An equaled location with direct access to Matusadona National Park.
- Spacious and exquisitely appointed safari tented-rooms each with large deck areas.
- A great beachside feel combined with an authentic safari camp environment.
- World class fishing for bream and tiger fish species (best in October and November).
- Relax in your outdoor bathtub with stunning views over Lake Kariba and the Matusadona mountains.
- Abundant birdlife and top African predators.
- Ideal for those guests looking for a relaxed-style wildlife safari.