Set on the shores of Lake Kariba, Changa Safari Camp is located in a private concession within the Matusadona National Park. The upmarket safari camp offers incredible views of the Matusadona mountains. The camp captures the essence of natural beauty, seclusion, peace and stunning landscapes.
Changa Safari Camp was founded by a team who share a passion for wildlife and the proximity to nature and the true wilderness of this camp is unparalleled. At Changa you will find yourself immersed and in awe of the majestic and gentle elephants that you share the land with. The camp offers guests exceptional game viewing via walking, boat, driving and fishing safaris. Leopard, lion, cheetah and hyena are a common sight while antelope and buffalo frequent the shoreline. Birdlife is prolific, with 350 species having been identified in the area.
The personal, warm and welcoming hospitality from the team at Changa Safari Camp will ensure that you have an exceptional experience and they will make sure you get the most out of your safari. There are six deluxe and two family tents all overlooking Lake Kariba. Each tent has an “under the stars” bath and shower with a private deck to enjoy the magnificent views of the lake and the Matusadona mountains.
The hub of the camp is the central entertainment area, which is made up of a separate lounge, dining room, bar, beautiful deck and swimming pool, all connected by walkways and overlooking Lake Kariba.
What we love about Changa Safari Camp
- Wake up to tea and coffee in bed looking at the most magnificent views
- Great walking safaris along the edge Lake Kariba.
- Spacious and exquisitely appointed safari tented-rooms each with large deck areas.
- A great beachside feel combined with an authentic safari camp environment.
- World class fishing for bream and tiger fish species (best in October and November).
- Relax in your outdoor bathtub with stunning views over Lake Kariba and the Matusadona mountains.
- Abundant birdlife and top African predators.
- Ideal for those guests looking for a relaxed-style wildlife safari.